100 Summer Street #2250
Boston, MA 02110
Our Boston office is the centerpiece of our regional footprint in New England. From the heart of the city’s financial district, we provide a wide array of legal services to clients in Greater Boston and New England as well as clients doing business nationally and internationally. In 2013, for the fourth year in a row, Pierce Atwood was named to the National Law Journal's "Midsize Hot List" - the only New England-based law firm to be selected for this honor for four consecutive years.
When you engage one of our Boston attorneys you have the full resources of the firm at your fingertips. As a firm, we have an unwavering commitment to top quality service and strong client relationships. We believe in working hard, in partnering with our clients and in understanding their businesses. Our Boston attorneys are among the best in the nation, many of whom are rated AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5.0 by Martindale-Hubbel, and recognized by "Best Lawyers" as leaders in their fields.
In a span of three years, our Boston office went from not being listed on the Boston Business Journal's "Areas Largest Law Firms" list to coming in at #94 in 2012, #76 in 2013 and #71 in 2014. We may not be in the top 10 but that's not our objective. We’re making solid progress as a high quality, responsive, nimble, and entrepreneurial firm – our recent lateral hires attest to that.
- Admiralty & Maritime
- Banking & Financial Services
- Bankruptcy & Creditors Rights
- Environmental & Land Use
- Intellectual Property & Technology
- Privacy and Data Security
- Real Estate
- State & Local Tax
- Trust & Estates
- Banking & Financial Services
- Data Security
- Emerging Business
- Health Care
- Life Sciences
- Records Management
- Software & Information Technology
- Arbella Mutual Insurance Company
- Admiral’s Bank
- Bank of Scotland
- Boston Private Bank & Trust Company
- BTU International, Inc.
- Cambridge Trust Company
- Extreme Reach
- First Data Corporation
- Iron Mountain
- Maroc Fruit Board, S.A.
- PAR Technology Corporation
- People’s United Bank
- Ply Gem Industries, Inc.
- RBS Citizens Financial Group
- TSCM Security Services LLC
- Verizon Wireless
Professional & Civic Activities
Beyond their practices, attorneys from our Boston office also devote significant time to the betterment of the legal community by holding leadership positions in national and regional professional organizations, like the following:
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Boston Estate Planning Council
- Boston Patent Law Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- International Association of Arson Investigators UK
- International Turnaround Management Association
- Litigation Counsel of America
- National Fire Protection Association
- Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE) New England
- New England Legal Foundation
- Real Estate Bar Association
- Thurgood Marshall Law Society
Our attorneys are also active in the Boston community, through their own civic engagements with organizations like the Huntington Theatre Company, WalkBoston, the Williams After School Club, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Boston University Law School.